Monday, October 15, 2012

Seasonal Foods

Name: Seasonal foods
Price: Free through Bloggers gadget offerings
Likes/Dislikes: I jsut thought this was a really fun app. I used to have a cooking blog, and I could see students using this app for a blog they would use for a Culinary Arts project. It tells you what kinds of foods are in season based on your location. If dinnertime is approaching, it's a nice visual reminder of what your options might be. Dislike...it might not be useful or interesting to everybody.
Features: The gadget shows thumbnails of seasonal foods based on a location that you plug in, which can be changed. Each thumbnail also has a link attached so you can click for more information. I am unsure of whether it automatically updates based on season, month, week etc.
Recommend: Sort of. I like it a lot personally because I would use it for the type of blog I would have. I think students at my school could use it for their Horticulture or Culinary Arts class. Besides that, it's just a fun little gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment